Note from Mrs. Kasper:
Hey 5th & 6th Graders (and parents)!
I want you to know that I miss you all a bunch during this strange time of separation. This website will be updated often as my way of sharing information, instruction, and resources with you. Please try to check it at least a couple times each week (once a day is good too). There will be other notes from me under the "Info. From Mrs. K.". You can post a comment to any of those notes for me if you have issues, questions, or just want to say "Hi". I also added a Book Request Form where you can send me requests for any genres, topics, or specific books that you would like to check out. You can also send me questions using the form at the top of the Instruction Videos tab or have your parents email me. I will post answers to all the questions that I get in the "Info. From Mrs. K." section. Please remember to always try your best as you do your work at home and make sure to listen to and be helpful to your caretakers (parents, grandparents, babysitters, etc.) during all of this. Hopefully, we will be able to be together again soon!
P.S. The class Freckle.com codes are: uh4heb for 5th grade and rktxsu for 6th grade.
Journal Topic Ideas
for April 1st - 15th:
>> Remember that you can always write about a topic of your choice that is not on this list. These are just ideas for you to choose from, if you can't think of anything else you would like to write about. <<
- What is the most challenging part of learning from home during this time?
- What is something positive that has happened to you this week?
- What is something you helpful that you have done for someone else recently and how did helping make you feel?
- What do you miss most about school and why?
- What is the current daily routine for you and your family?
- Are you better at making up ideas or figuring out how to make things work? Give an example of a time you did one of these things well.
- What age are you most looking forward to in the future and why?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be, and why?
- Tell me about a time when you got in trouble at home.
- Describe one of your favorite desserts.